Date: October 26, 2021
If you'd like to see the presentations for this meeting, please login to the website.
WRP’s October 26th webinar on Groundwater-Surface Water Interface. This webinar will run from 9 am to 12 noon pm Pacific.
Water Security was identified by WRP as an important topic for a deep-dive in support of the current WRP Strategic Priority (Building Resilience in the West for America’s Defense, Energy, Environment and Infrastructure through Enhanced Collaboration among Federal, State and Tribal Entities). This webinar will highlight WRP States (AZ, CA, CO, NV, NM, UT) perspectives on:
- Interconnectivity between surface water and ground water
- Legal treatment of groundwater and surface water
- Surface water shortages and their impact on ground water recharge
- Best practices for aquifer storage and recovery and recharge
- Recommendations for the WRP region to more collaboratively work together
This webinar will feature the following speakers:
- AZ: Jennifer Heim, Deputy Counsel, Arizona Department of Water Resources
- CA: Dr. Maurice Hall, PE, Vice President, Water, Environmental Defense Fund
- CO: Tracy Kosloff, Deputy State Engineer, Colorado Division of Water Resources
- NM: Dr. Bruce M. Thomson, Regents Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of New Mexico
- NV: Jon Benedict, Hydrogeologist, Nevada Division of Water Resources, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- UT: Jim Reese, Assistant State Engineer for our Technical Services Section, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Water Rights
Please email amyduffy @ westernregionalpartnership.org for more information.
A recording of the webinar can be found here.
If you'd like to see the documents for this meeting, please login to the website.
Registration is closed for WRP’s October 26th webinar on Groundwater-Surface Water Interface
The start date for this meeting has passed, and registration is no longer available.