The mission of WRP is to provide a proactive and collaborative framework for senior-policy level Federal, State and Tribal leadership to identify common goals and emerging issues in the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah and to develop solutions that support WRP Partners and protect natural resources, while promoting sustainability, homeland security and military readiness.
The WRP region contains significant military assets, federal and Tribal lands, infrastructure systems such as energy and transportation, and wildlife ecosystems; making WRP valuable in leveraging resources and linking efforts to help partners share best practices. The goals of WRP are to:
- Serve as a catalyst for improved regional coordination among State, Federal and Tribal agencies
- Address common goals, identify and solve potential conflicts and develop solutions that protect our natural resources, while promoting sustainability and mission effectiveness
- Provide a forum for information exchange, issue identification, problem solving and recommendations across the WRP region
- Adopt strategic priorities at the annual Principals’ meeting
- Leverage existing resources and linking of efforts to better support key projects
- Provide a GIS Sustainability Decision Support Tool that integrates appropriate Federal, Tribal, State, and other available data sources for use in regional planning by WRP Partners