The following represent GIS tools provided by WRP partners during the 2016-2017 WRP Regional Assessment effort to gather inputs from all WRP partners on their current priorities, emerging issues, and available resources. This list is not exhaustive of WRP GIS-related partner tools but rather represents some of what is available. The WRP will continue to add to these resources as additional ones are identified.
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
- Solar mapper – web-based application that displays environmental data for the southwest U.S. in the context of utility-scale solar energy development (Argonne product)
- Navigator – a one stop shop for keyword and geospatial search of BLM data. This is existing maps and data sets, not a not mapping tool
- ArcServer for AGOL (ArcGIS Online) is a web mapping tool that provides Public Land Survey System data
- Section 368 Energy Corridor Mapping Tool – provides mapping data for designated Section 368 energy corridors in 11 western states, with much of the available geospatial information relevant to corridor routing decisions
- BLM Landscape Approach Data Portal – provides data, maps, and models from BLM’s landscape approach initiatives
BUREAU OF RECLAMATION
- WaterSMART Visualization tool – DOI effort to work with States, Tribes, local governments, and non-governmental organizations to pursue a sustainable water supply; this visual tool contains interactive maps and project tours.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- The REPI Interactive Map provides partners with GIS locations of all military installations with completed REPI transactions, along with relevant information and resources for these projects.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
- NP Map – provides digital maps for more than 400 locations across the U.S. using internal and partner tools.
- NPS repository of GIS and other relevant data and reports related to park lands.
- Integrated Resource Management Applications (IRMA) Portal – web based one-stop for data and information related to NPS natural and cultural resources. Intermountain Region (CO, UT, NM, AZ) specific data.
NATIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY LABORATORY
ENERGY INFORMATION ADMINISTRATION
U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
- Earth Explorer – an online search, discovery, and ordering tool developed by USGS that supports searching of satellite, aircraft, and other remote sensing inventories through interactive and textual-based queries.
- GloVis – global visualization viewer that provides access to select data sets within the USGS remote sensing archive.