Date: October 20, 2017
WIEB is an organization of eleven Western States and three Western Canadian Provinces. Board members are appointed by the governor of each state and the premier of each province. The WIEB Compact states that the purpose of the Board is to provide the instruments and framework for cooperative state efforts to “enhance the economy of the West and contribute to the well-being of the region’s people.” The Board seeks to achieve this purpose by promoting energy policy that is developed cooperatively among member states and provinces and with the federal government.
This presentation was conducted by Maury Galbraith, Executive Director of WIEB, and highlighted:
- Mission of WIEB
- Role of the Western Interconnection Regional Advisory Body (WIRAB), Committee on Regional Electric Power Cooperation (CREPC), Energy Imbalance Market – Body of State Regulators (EIM – BOSR) and the High-Level Radioactive Waste Committee
- WIEB Projects within the WRP Region
- Changes occurring in the electric generation resource mix in the West
- Regional Transmission Planning and Interregional Coordination in the West
- Other items to be aware of in the WRP Region
- Opportunities for engagement and information resources
A recording of the webinar can be found here.
Registration is closed for WRP Energy Committee webinar featuring the Western Interstate Energy Board (WIEB)
The start date for this meeting has passed, and registration is no longer available.