Date: August 29, 2017
If you'd like to see the presentations for this meeting, please login to the website.
This webinar is hosted by the WRP Military Readiness, Homeland Security, Disaster Preparedness and Aviation (MRHSDP&A) Committee on the topic of strategic airspace. The webinar is a big-picture strategic view from the FAA, General Aviation and airlines on the future of airspace in the U.S. and, in particular, the western states.
This presentation will be conducted by Ms. Elizabeth Lynn Ray, Vice President, Mission Support Services, FAA; Mr. Mike Cirillo, Managing Director, Air Traffic Management, Airlines for America (A4A); and Ms. Heidi Williams, Director, Air Traffic Services & Infrastructure, National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and will provide:
- Latest aviation efforts by FAA, NBAA and A4A.
- Insights on current aviation capacity, airspace management and trends within the Western U.S.
- Overview of new technology such as NextGen and other technologies in development to better utilize airspace and enable more aviation operations in the same area safely and efficiently.
- Insights on integrating unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS) including challenges and opportunities.
- Thoughts and recommendations on how best to incorporate the expected increase in aviation, changes in aviation operations and types of users along with changes in land use patterns that can impact aviation missions.
A recording of the webinar can be found here.
If you'd like to see the documents for this meeting, please login to the website.
Registration is closed for WRP MRHSDP&A Committee Webinar on Strategic Airspace
The start date for this meeting has passed, and registration is no longer available.